Post Chapel, Governors Island - 1896

 

Episcopal Chapel of St. Cornelius the Centurion (Post Chapel), photograph 1896 - Governors Island National Monument. The Chapel was built in 1847 and became part of Trinity Parish in 1868. In 1906 a new temple was built. Source: Historic Photographs of Governors Island / U.S. National Park Service.

 

Chapel

 

Antique photos of NYC

 

 

 

Panoramic view

 

 

Governors Island map

 

 

 

Governors Island

 

 

Churches NY

 

 

Synod Hall NY

 

20th century NY

 

Saint Cornelius

 

Arsenal NY

 

Governors Island NY

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - Churches of NYC.

 

 

Post Chapel, Governors Island - 1896

 

 

 

 

Antique photographs