City Hall Park, New York - 1851

 

Original title: View of the Park Fountain & City Hall N.Y. 1851, looking northeast from the west side of Broadway. Lithographer and publisher: Nathaniel Currier (1813-1888). Source: New York Public Library.

Chatham Street (now Park Row) is on the right. The New York City Hall opened in 1812. The Croton Fountain was placed in the center of the Park in 1842. Brick Church, on the right, was demolished in 1856 and the N.Y. Times building was constructed on part of the site.

Below, enlargement of office buildings on Chatham Street.

 

City Hall Park NYC

 

Old City of New York

 

 

City Hall

 

 

 

Brick Church

 

The old Lovejoy's Hotel is at 34 Park Row, on the southeast corner of Beekman Street.

 

City Hall Park NY

 

Chatham Street

 

Lovejoy's Hotel

 

19th century City Hall Park

 

Lower New York

Illustration showing the same site as it was before, in 1837.

 

Broadway

 

New-York & Brooklyn

 

Office Buildings

 

 

Enlargement of office buildings on Chatham Street (today Park Row).

 

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - 19th Century NYC. Historical Heritage.

 

City Hall Park, New York - 1851

 

City Hall

 

City Hall Park 19th century

 

 

City Hall Park