Flatiron Building in the Early 20th Century

 

The Flatiron Building was completed in September, 1902. The building on the right was demolished around 1907. The Madison Square is to the left. The old Fifth Avenue Hotel is on the right, on the southwest corner of West 24th Street. Source: New York State Archives. Education Dept. Division of Visual Instruction.

In 1911, Fuller Company's offices moved to the Trinity Building at 111 Broadway, where its parent company, U.S. Realty, had its offices. U.S. Realty moved its offices back to the Flatiron, in 1916. In 1925, the Fuller Company sold the building to an investment syndicate. In 1929, the Fuller Company left the Flatiron for the new 40-story Fuller Building, at 597 Madison Avenue.

 

Flatiron vintage photo

 

Antique photos of NYC

 

 

 

St. Paul's Church NY

 

 

 

Flatiron images

 

 

Flatiron District

 

Traffic NY

 

 

 

Sohmer Piano Building

 

Broadway

 

5th Avenue

 

Red Cross Parade

Photo taken from Flatiron Building.

 

Flatiron Building in the Early 20th Century

 

Fifth Avenue NY

 

New York Illustration

 

 

Copyright © Geographic Guide - 20th Century NYC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Antique photographs